Login failed for user 'sa'. Error 18452
Jassim Rahma
2007-08-27 11:11:13 UTC
I just received a Dell server for our company with SQL server 2005 installed
by the vendor but when i try to connect from my laptop I get the following
error:

Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not asscoitaed with a trusted SQL
Server connection. Error 18452

what is the problem? how can I fix?
Jassim Rahma
2007-08-27 12:50:29 UTC
i changed to mixed mode but now i am getting this error:

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to 192.168.0.1.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to
SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)

For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=53&LinkId=20476

------------------------------
BUTTONS:

OK
------------------------------
Vera Noest [MVP]
2007-08-27 13:26:00 UTC
Did you enable remote connection?
From
http://sql.veranoest.net/sql_faq.htm#RemoteConnectionError

Q: "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the
server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be
caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
not allow remote connections". How do I solve this?

A: For security reasons, the default installation of SQL 2005 does
not allow remote connections.
You will have to enable remote connections and [optionally] start
the SQL Server Browser service. If there is a firewall between your
client and the SQL server, you will also have to open the
appropriate ports on the firewall.

Detailed information:

914277 - How to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote
connections
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___
Post by Jassim Rahma
TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------
Cannot connect to 192.168.0.1.
------------------------------
Rick Byham, (MSFT)
2007-08-27 16:06:44 UTC
Also, if you installed in Windows Authentication mode, and then switched to
Mixed Mode, then the sa account is disabled.
See: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx
--
Rick Byham (MSFT)
Post by Vera Noest [MVP]
Did you enable remote connection?
From
http://sql.veranoest.net/sql_faq.htm#RemoteConnectionError
Q: "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the
server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be
caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
not allow remote connections". How do I solve this?
A: For security reasons, the default installation of SQL 2005 does
not allow remote connections.
You will have to enable remote connections and [optionally] start
the SQL Server Browser service. If there is a firewall between your
client and the SQL server, you will also have to open the
appropriate ports on the firewall.
914277 - How to configure SQL Server 2005 to allow remote
connections
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___
Post by Jassim Rahma
TITLE: Connect to Server
Cannot connect to 192.168.0.1.